Thursday, March 28, 2013
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
12 x 12 Bazzill Night Mist base
9 x 11 ½ Bazzill Lucy's Crab Shack- polka dot bikini paper
11 ½ x ½ Bazzill Lucy's Crab Shack- polka dot bikini paper
7 x 11 Bazzill Firehearts cardstock
6” star cut from Bazzill Whirlpool
Bazzill Lucy's Crab Shack Twinkle pattern paper to cut word SMILE from and circle for inside tart tin
orange and white twine
glittered and Copic colored stars
Adhere the 9 x 11 ½ Polka Dot Bikini to the Night Mist base leaving ¼ inch border on top and sides. Adhere 7 x 11 Firehearts cardstock to Polka Dot Bikini leaving ¼ inch at top and sides. Adhere ½ x 11 ½ Polka Dot Bikini strip to bottom of page about ¼ up from the bottom edge to match the other borders. Freehand cut or use a template to make a 6” star from Whirlpool- making sure the center is wide enough for the tart tin to fit over.
Using a Cricut or other cutting machine set to 2 inches, cut the word SMILES in your desired font out of Twinkle paper.
To make Tart Tin embellishment:
Cut a circle from Twinkle to fit into the tart tin. Using white paint, cover over a portion on the bottom half to stamp your sentiment on. ONCE DRY Stamp sentiment in black Memento Ink towards the bottom of the circle. Adhere circle into tin. Using a crop-o-dile, punch two holes- 8 spaces apart- on edge of tin. Insert twine through holes and secure on back with adhesive. Tie two bows out of twine and add to tin where twine exits the holes. Adhere stars to twine in tin to create a banner.
Cut 3 stars out of white card stock covered with Score tape. Remove release sheet and cover adhesive with Glitter and burnish until smooth. Using Copic markers colors B97, YG63, RV25, color each star around the edges and then using the Colorless Blender (0) drag the color down to fill in the star leaving a lighter look in the middle. Be careful not to work the glitter too much or you can dissolve the adhesive.
To complete layout:
Adhere tin to center of Whirlpool star and attach to layout on the left bottom area. Adhere pictures and memorabilia. Adhere the letter for SMILES to the bottom right area between the Polka Dot Bikini pieces. Tie 3 bows from twine and adhere to “l” in SMILES, and top corners of photo or memorabilia in the top right of the layout. Add pennant stickers to top, sides and bottom of layout. To complete, use a Stardust gelly pen or other glitter pen and draw stars on Firehearts cardstock.
1. Use Bazzill Whirlpool paper for the background of the layout.
2. Using the Bo Bunny bendable ruler, mark wavy shapes on French Vanilla, Cheddar and Beach word print paper from Lucy's Crab Shack collection, and cut and layer on bottom of whirlpool.
3.Using your cricut, cut bicycle out of bicycle print paper from Lucy's Crab Shack collection, and accent pieces from Cheddar. Adhere to waves at center of layout.
4.Using your cricut, cut clouds out of french vanilla paper, ink edges with blue ink and space at top of whirlpool.
5.Cut two 4" x 6" mats from Two Scoops prickly pear paper, sand so dots show up and place on page.
6.Taking the 4" x 6" card with the bicycle on it, cut out the center section, mat with the Two Scoops prickly pear paper, and change the words on it with matching word sticker sheet, saying "wind on my face". Adhere to top right of page.
7. Taking the top and bottom pieces from the 4" x 6" card with the bicycle on it. use end strips on the bottom of the page on both sides as decoration under cricut cut bicycle wheels.
8.Using 2 flag stickers, 2 bicyle stickers and word Happy Happy sticker from Matching sticker sheet, adhere to left edge.
9.Add pictures and enjoy.
Directions to come :)
Sunday, March 24, 2013
Twinkle, Polka Dot Bikini, Cruiser, Prickly Pear Two Scoops, Coordinating Pink, Blue, Red, Black, and Black Vinyl (optional) 10mm Leapfrog brad, 5mm Black brad. Happy Tag, word stickers
Cricut Craft Room Basics
Use Blue coordinating Cardstock for base.
With Polka Dot Bikini paper cut a banner using the April shower cartridge, cut at 3.5”
Use Twinkle paper to cut scalloped mat using Cricut craft Room Basics, cut at7.5”. (cricut craft room basics is available free using the cricut craft room)
Using Cruiser paper cut flower of your choice from Flower Shoppe cartridge, cut one at 2.75”, one at 2”, and one at 1.75”
Using the Pink and red coordinating paper cut flowers of your choice from Flower Shoppe cartridge, cut one at 2.75”, one at 2”, and one at 1.75”
Then cut 2 small flowers using the polka dot bikini paper, using the same flower shoppe cartridge, cut at 1.5”.
If you do not have flower shoppe cartridge you may substitute any flower from a cartridge you may have.
Using Prickly Pear two scoops cut two leaves from the home décor cartridge. Cut one leaf then use Flip feature to cut second leaf. Cut at 2”
Use Don Juan or font cartridge of your choice to cut letters. I used Black vinyl but black cardstock works well to. Cut at 1”.
Ink edges of all die cuts with brown ink, Curl edges of banner and flowers. Layer flowers 2.75, 2, and 1.75 adhere with brad (10mm Leapfrog brad used for flowers) the 2 small polka dot bikini flowers will be single layer flower with brad center.
Place letters in center of banner, attach banner to top of page, use 5mm black brads in corners of banner. Place scalloped die cut centered below banner. Matt 5x7 photo with 184.108.40.206 red cardstock matt and 5.5x7.5 black cardstock matt. Place in center of scallop die cut. Arrange flowers and leaf in bottom corner. Cut top of happy tag and place word stickers over happy(optional) Place in bottom corner.
1 each 12 x 12 Bazzill Card Stock Night Mist
1 each 11 x 11 Bazzill Card Stock Whirlpool
1 each 7 x 1-1/2 Bazzill Card Stock Fire Hearts
1 each 6 x 1-1/2 Bazzill Card Stock Fire Hearts
1 each 5-1/2 x 1 Bazzill Card Stock Intense Orange
1 each 6-1/2 x 1-1/2 Beach Towel Countdown
1 each 8 x 1-1/2 Prickly Pear
1 each 6-1/2 x 2 Beach Towel Countdown
4 each misc. Bazzill brad jackets
3 pieces of twine(1 piece 13 “ long) and (2 pieces 3” long)
2 each misc. white brads
1 each sticker (FUN) from Lucy’s Crab Shack line
1 each journal block
1 each “Tim Holtz” ticket
2 each misc. clips
Use Night Mist card stock as background. Cut Whirlpool card stock to 11 x 11, and round the edges. Ink the edges.
Measure down from top of page about 2” and string the twine across the page, securing with the white brads. Cut all strips of paper into “flags”. Ink all the edges of the flags, and arrange, with your photos on the twine, securing in place with adhesive. Place 3 brad jackets at the top center of the page, and place the 4th brad jacket on the ticket. Wrap a piece of twine around the ticket, and the other piece tie a knot. Use the journaling block to fill in where it is needed, after your pictures are arranged. Place the “fun” sticker on the journaling block.
Still waiting for a few pics and instructions but these should get you started!
Saturday, March 23, 2013
Brown-12”x12”, 3 7/8”x10 ¾”, words
Whirlpool-4”x6”, Boots, hat band
Prickly Pear-5”x12”, 5”x4”
French Vanilla, Hat, Boot flourish, frame backing
Printed paper and accessories;
Bazzill Print; Lucy’s Crab Shack-3 ½”x10 ½”
Clear jewels, White posies, Dash Aqua ribbon,
Tools and Supplies;
Clear Cut photo frame, I-rock pearls and tool, White Uniball journaling pen, Versamark pen, Martha Stewart Cherish punch set, Tim Holtz alcohol ink, Bazzill corner-swirl jewel template, Cricut Old West, Cropadile, permanent glue runner, pop dots, Zyron, glue pen.
1. With the Martha Stewart Cherish corner punch, punch all four corners of the 5”x12” Prickly Pear green paper. Use the Cherish edge punch to punch remaining edges.
2. Adhere the Brown 3 7/8”x10 ¾” to the center of the punched Prickly Pear.
3. Adhere the 3 ½”x 10 ½” Lucy’s Crab Shack plaid print to the center of the brown.
4. Adhere this assembled punched piece to the bottom center of the 12”x12” Brown cardstock.
5. Punch all four corners of the 5”x4” Prickly pear with the M.S. Cherish corner punch.
6. Trim the 4”x6” Bazzill journaling card to fit inside the Prickly Pear mat.
7. Adhere the journaling block to the right upper side of layout, ½” up from the bottom punched piece and ½” in from right side of the 12”x12” Brown Cardstock.
Directions for making the frame:
1. Do all work on a protection covering for your work table.
2. Peel protection film from only one side of the Clear Scraps Acrylic frame, place on mat.
3. Pour several dots of Tim Holtz alcohol ink and blending solution on your blending tool; I used a combination of copper, aqua, green, heavy on the copper.
4. Start dabbing the uncovered side of your frame until you get the look you want. You can wash off with water any undesired color and start over if needed. Have fun, experiment the outcome is always unique. The ink dries pretty fast.
5. When you have reached the desired look you wanted, set aside.
6. Peel film from the back side of the frame.
7. Adhere to a piece of French Vanilla cardstock larger than your frame.
8. Lightly pencil mark around the inside and outside of the frame. Trim with knife or scissors.
9. Use Bazzill jewel template to mark holes on the inner part of the frame. Punch holes as marked.
10. Thread ¼” ribbon through the holes and tie a bow at the bottom right corner.
11. Place white Pansies around bow with glue dots.
12. Using the I-rock tool by Imaginise and the Bazzill jewel template, set the pearls as shown in above example.
13. Assemble boots and hat. Run the words through a Zyron to create stickers and place on layout as shown in example. I used pop dots to adhere hat and boots to give dimension.
2. Add the sand effect by mixing small amount of Shabby Blue embossing enamel with Studio matte medium and applying to inside edges of frame using a palette knife or finger. Let dry completely.
3. Cut journaling card into pieces to resemble tags. Large tag (2.5" x 5.5") is made from the striped Bazzill paper and the journaling piece applied on top. Second tag (1.5" x 3.25") is made from the striped paper only and has a crab sticker from the sticker collection. Third tag (same size as tag 2) is only the small piece left from the journaling tag. All edges have been inked using Tumbled glass or worn lipstick distress ink.
4. Cut 3" piece from striped paper. Ink edges. Adhere 2.5" from bottom of a sheet of French Vanilla card stock.
5. Add photo to both frames and add to page using picture for placement. Add tags to left of frames at an angle.
6. Paint edges only of 3 scalloped edge and 2 plain edge mini triangles from the Maya Road mini triangle banner set. When dry, add striped paper that is cut to fit within the triangles. Edges have been inked with distress ink in tumbled glass.
7. Using Whirlpool, Fireheart, Prickly Pear, and Intense Orange card stock , cut banners that range from 1/2" to 2" wide and 1/2" to 2.5" long.
8. Using small craft twine and needle, stitch the banner triangles alternating scalloped edge with straight edge to a 12" piece of cream Maya Road tulle trim. Tie small bows at each end with twine. Attach this banner to page at the ends only.
9. Attach the colored banner pieces you have cut under the tulle. Once all banners are in place, adhere the chipboard banners in place using glue dots.
10. Add Petaloo Darjeeling flowers, small and large, in blue to layout according to picture.
11. Lastly, add the sticker words from the Bazzill collection according to picture.
Fast, Fun, & Done – Howdy Champ – by Leslie
Use the picture for more details in placement, the following information and steps may help.
Nightmist: 12x12, 6x8, & (3) 3x2.25
Kraft: 5.75x7.75 & 11.5x0.75
French Vanilla: 2.5x3.5
Two Scoops Prickly Pear: 5.5x7.5 & (3) 2.75x2
Intense Kiwi 6” Just the Edge
My Beach/Beach Bum 11.5” x 11”
4” x 6” Journaling Block
Big Word Stickers
Maya Road Products
Ribbon – 1 yard
Stamps – Just My Type Stamp Sheet
1) Ink all of the page kit pieces if desired, in brown or black.
2) Adhere the 11” x 11.5” Bazzill Lucy’s Crabshack print, with plaid side up to the Bazzill Nightmist background. The top, bottom, and right edge should be evenly spaced.
3) Adhere the Bazzill Kraft 11.5” x ¾” strip about 1.5” from the top edge of the Bazzill Nightmist.
4) Run two pieces of ribbon about 13” each through your Xyron and adhere to the top and bottom edges of the Bazzill Kraft strip.
5) Adhere the Just the Edge border strips to the Kraft strip.
6) Triple mat the Bazzill Nightmist, Kraft and Prickly Pear mats and adhere to page (about ¼” border top, left, and bottom).
7) Double mat the small Bazzill Nightmist and Prickly Pear mats and position along Bazzill Kraft strip.
8) Adhere the 4” x 6” journaling block lined up along the edge of the 6” x 8” Bazzill Nightmist triple mat unit, tuck a piece of ribbon under edge and tuck under plaid print also.
9) Embellish with Bazzill stickers, etc. as desired.
10) Prepare additional stars, using Glitter Ritz and Copic Markers, if desired.
11) Position envelope unit onto the top of the page protector.
12) Upload voice, video and pictures to the stkr.it sticker.
13) Add pictures and journaling. Enjoy!
Orange polka dot paper, Script beach paper, titles and tickers, 1 yd Maya Road demine ruffled ribbon, linen fabric (8x9”) Maya Road wooden Polaroid frames(2) White paint, Vintage photo inkpad. Beige tulle, scissors, paper cutter. Tim Holtz metal quote.
Snip the two upper left banners as shown in the picture,(back of the beach script paper)Glue down with a liquid glue.
Cut a 5 ½ “x 9 ½ “off the beach script paper, vertically. Cut about ¼ : off each side from the top, down to 3 ½ “ is left, Cut this off and fold the remaining “fold” under, glue down to make a pocket. Ink, and glue down on the linen. Fray the edges of the linen fabric, and glue down. Add the Hello Sticker with beige tulle bow. Add the together is the best place to be stickers as shown in the photo. Cut your journal tag in two, vertically, ink edges and punch holes for the beige tulle, See photo. Adhere to the page as in the photo. . Add the stickers, Catch a wave and soak up the sun on the tags (cut journaling card)Add photos to your wooden Polaroid frames and glue down. See photo.
Paint the Tim Holtz quote with white paint and wipe off to leave the paint in the script, but not much left anywhere else. Cut a 1 ½ inch circle.
Make a demine flower by gluing the demine ribbon in a circle, start from the outside and slowly work your way in,(cut about10 inches off to save for the wave if you want) Put glue along the outer side of the circle, and then continue with the glue, always on the most outside edge, which will be the inside of the ribbon, as you have gone one complete circle. Continue on in a spiral kind of circle, gluing the ribbon inwards in that same spiral circle until you get to the middle. Curl the end and glue down to make the center of the flower. I have used a glue gun while making my flower. I put white paint on my flower and my wave very lightly and random. Glue down as seen in the photo.
Enjoy a day on the beach, Take some pictures and Voila ….the layout is complete.
There will be more layouts coming as soon as I get pics :)
|The Boss giving instruction|
|Some of you having fun!|
|Studying the Calendars!!|
|Look how happy you are when you are scrapp'n!!!|
|Could Tove be having any more fun? Look at that smile!!!|
|So when we were at CHA, Karrie made a card with one of these and I cut my finger on it! Be careful!!!|
|Susan the Swap Queen!|
|Margene, the Travelling Gal and our Friday night hostess for Pizza and Salads.|
|Terri showing off her creation. How she makes these albums is beyond me!|
|Cricut Carol is back!! We are so happy to have her with us again this quarter!|
Monday, March 18, 2013
Lastly we decided to change the name to the Diecut Club. This way you can get the discount on all the dies at Scrapp'n Savvy!!!